Before Your Surgery in Melbourne, FL | What You Need to Know
- Do not have any food or drink after midnight on the day of surgery. Do not have anything, including water unless otherwise directed.
- Please leave all valuables and jewelry at home.
- Patients are responsible for removing all their body piercings before date of surgery. Patients have the option of removing their piercings themselves or returning to body piercing establishment for temporary removal.
- If you wear contacts or glasses, please bring a case for them.
- Bring your insurance card(s).
- Please don’t wear any makeup. If you are having surgery on your hand or foot, don’t wear nail polish on that hand or foot.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing (including underwear) that will fit over whatever type of dressing you will have. This is especially important if having “shoulder” or “knee” surgery. Your clothing will be stored in a bag during surgery, so keep that in mind.
- You may be instructed to take morning doses of certain medications with a “sip of water”.
- If you are taking Coumadin, Aspirin, or any other type of blood thinner or herbal supplements, please check with your surgeon and /or primary doctor about discontinuing these prior to the surgery.
- If you use an inhaler, please bring it with you.
The Nurse from MSDS will call you within 1 week before your surgery for the following information:
- To obtain your health history. (If you have not already done so via this website.)
- To answer any questions you may have.
- If you have questions prior to that, please don’t hesitate to call us: Phone 321.434.5264 Fax 321.434.8584
- You will receive a call the night before your surgery with your arrival time. Please leave your valuables at home.