All patients and prospective patients have the right to request a personalized estimate from the Melbourne Same Day Surgery.
If you have any questions or cannot find your service listed, call the Pricing Hotline at 321.434.8600 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Messages can be left after hours and will be returned the next business day.
If you prefer, you can email us at HF_Pricing@HF.org for an estimate. We will need the following information for an accurate estimate:
- Complete contact information (name, address, email and a valid phone number)
- Health insurance information including payer name, policy number and group number (if applicable)
- The CPT code for the service. Your physician’s office can provide the code for you. This is necessary to ensure the estimate given is for the correct service.
Why costs may vary
The cost estimates provided may be different from your actual costs for several reasons, including but not limited to:
- If the medical services/treatment you receive based on decisions made by you or your healthcare provider are different from the services selected during this estimation process due to complications, secondary conditions, and/or other unknown factors
- If the location of where your services are received differs from what is selected during this estimation process
- If your year-to-date benefit information changes from the time at which you receive this estimate and the time at which you receive care
- If your healthcare provider’s contract with your insurance carrier changes
- If you have a unique insurance plan design that is not currently supported by the tool
For more information on how your cost estimate was determined, please contact 321.434.8600
Here at Health First, we are committed to serving the health and wellness of our patients and community. We understand that sometimes, financial difficulties arise and can affect a patient’s ability to pay. We want to help deliver the hospital care you and your family need, regardless of your situation.
Health First offers Financial Assistance on a case-by-case basis. This can help cover the cost of healthcare expenses for eligible individuals who are uninsured, underinsured, ineligible for a government program or otherwise unable to pay, due to their limited financial resources. To see if you qualify, please submit a Financial Assistance Application, available below.
- For uninsured patients we offer discounts up to 75 percent
- Payment plans are available upon request
Please note healthcare services under this policy do not include non-employed medical staff members, such as Radiologists, Anesthesiologists and certain Cardiologists.
Below are the links to our Center’s financial assistance policy, charity care policy, and collection procedure/ guidelines:
- Financial Assistance Policy (English)
- Financial Assistance Policy (Spanish)
- Financial Assistance Plain Language Summary (English)
- Financial Assistance Plain Language Summary (Spanish)
- Financial Assistance Application (English)
- Financial Assistance Application (Spanish)
- Collection Guidelines
Florida Health Price Finder
The Agency for Health Care Administration places an emphasis on healthcare transparency for Florida’s consumers. We have provided a link to the Florida Health Price Finder website to help you make more informed healthcare decisions. The service bundle information is a non-personalized estimate of costs that may be incurred by the patient for anticipated services and that actual costs will be based on services actually provided to the patient.
- Please bring your insurance card when you come to the center.
- An attempt will be made to contact you prior to surgery if insurance co-pays apply.
- In most cases, we will be able to give you an estimate on the cost of your surgery beforehand.
- Our staff will help you finalize your financial arrangements before your surgery.
- Whatever payment method is chosen, we require that all arrangements are made before surgery, and that co-pays be paid at time of surgery.
Charges for Ambulatory Surgery
- Billing for the facility and physicians is separate.
- We charge for the use of the center, including the costs of the operating room, recovery room, certain laboratory test, and supplies for surgery and anesthesia.
- Your surgeon and anesthesiologist, and if applicable, your radiologist and pathologist, will bill you separately for their services.
- All patients should contact the healthcare practitioners anticipated to provide services to the patient while in the center regarding a personalized estimate, billing practices and participation with the patients insurance provider or health maintenance organization (HMO) as the practitioners may not participate with the same insurer’s or HMO as the center.
- Certain surgical procedures, such as plastic and dental surgery, may not be fully covered by insurance.
Methods of Payment Accepted
- Payment of the balance may be required before you have your operation.
- We accept most insurance plans.
- We also accept as payment cash, check or major credit card.
- If you have questions about which plans we accept, please call us.